Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two boys today thirteen week old Azazel and Beelzebub. Azazel is definitely the more sweet, adventurous one, and while holding him today, after meeting him the first time, he was playing on me, licking food I was holding, and he is already licking me all over particularly me nose and mouth. He even tries to open my mouth to get inside. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was grooming me, but my older rat, in another state, was with me for a few weeks to a month before she outright groomed me. Could Azazel already be grooming me??

ImageUploadedByPG Free1413251934.257541.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, he has already curled up on my stomach, and fallen asleep. My girl Ellie not once slept on me, and Azazel's brother, Beelzebub, is still as skittish as if expected my babies to be the first day.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would say its normal. All my boys were skittish at first except for my youngest Sully. My boys are still skittish at times.. He was very loving, sweet and person oriented from the beginning. He wasnt afraid at all. It was like he was meant to be with us, like he has been with us for ever. I have never met such a loving , human oriented rat before. And he was a petstore rat(which are usually fairly skittish) He is by far my heart rat. Its hard to find rats like these. Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them from a local pet store that runs more as a rescue shelter/supply store than a pet store. All the babies were socialized an nursed to health by those who work and volunteer there. They even play with the pets when they're at work. They're the only pet store I trust.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My rats are always constantly grooming me, they love to groom my hands and love trying to get in my mouth...I just let them get on with it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Delilah was like that! Totally fearless and **** on wheels the first day I got her lol! She was grooming me and playing in my hair the first time we spent out of cage time together <3 She's just a social butterfly, hops right onto anyone's shoulder with no hesitation and runs 100 miles and hour all over their arms, only stopping for the occasional kiss :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts