Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to rats and have only had them for about 5 days. I've noticed that all three of them tend to have "mood swings" one time they'll want to come out and play and give me kisses and ride on my shoulder and have fun, other times they want nothing to do with me and they'll squel and try to run away. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
nope that's pretty normal. it really depends on what time of day you're taking them out and what you're taking them out for. mine know when its bath time and some of the more adverse to water will try to hide in the cage and put up quite a fuss when i try to take them out. other times they put up a fuss is if i'm just waking them up. they won't do it everytime but i imagine i've ruined a good dream or two from time to time and they're just COMFY dangit. the more you handle them though the less they will complain about being brought out. no matter what time of day it is. but expect to have a complaint every once in a while. don't let that stop you from taking them out anyway though. you're the boss and when you say its time to come out then its time to come out. they'll like it out of the cage as soon as they're out though so its really no hardship to them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My rats will do that too....mostly only when they first come out to play. Then 5 or 10 min. later they will be crawling all over me, giving me kisses, grooming me, nibbling on my shirt...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts