Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adopted 2 female rats from a breeder yesterday and I noticed that one of them seems to be sleeping all the time. She's eating, drinking, and responding to sound but I just want to be certain..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put her in the cage last night and she ran around climbing everywhere for and hour then she just went to sleep and has been mostly sleeping since. She wakes up when I open the cage but after I hold her and feed her she just goes right back to sleep. :/

·
Registered
527 Posts
my girls did the same thing!
rats sleep a lot (or so it seems to us humans), and are mostly active at dawn/dusk, only venturing out at other times to drink/eat/toilet.
i wouldn't worry about it, unless she starts showing signs of sneezing or stuff like that. ;]

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There are days when I wonder if my girls are still alive, they sleep so much! Usually if I make the food noise they'll forget all about dreaming, too, so unless your rat exhibits other signs of sickness (lethargy, different from sleeping), not eating, drinking, etc, THEN you should worry! But good for you for being observant.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Thats nice to hear.

My boys were just little bundles of energy when I first brought them home so the girls surprised me. They do seem healthy in all other aspects so I'm gonna stop worrying so much. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts