I am lucky enough to be getting two female rats in June, and I know it may seem a bit early to be planning their diet, but I want to be as prepared as possible! That way any problems with the diet can be fixed before I get them- I just want the best for my girls. So far, I'm planning on feeding them as follows:
- Oxbow Regal Rat- Twice a day.
- Fresh, organic veggies and fruit- Once a day, with their evening meal.
- Seed and grain mix (originally created by RatGirl44)- 1tbsp per rat. All ingredients are organic. Ingredients: oat groats, pearl barley, hulled millet, wild rice, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, plain oats, chia seeds, puffed kamut, uncooked tricoloured pasta, dried blueberries, low sugar cheerios and flax seeds.
- One cooked pasta spiral for each rat, for a protein boost as they are still growing.
- One treat per rat- this could include any of the following: unsalted/unbuttered popcorn, a slice of banana, a small piece of cheese, yoghurt, a fresh blueberry, a red/black grape, or a small piece of dark chocolate.