Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many "pieces" - poems, little stories, etc - that try to put words to how our little furry babies feel about us. Often, it is a "given" that, after they have crossed over the rainbow bridge, their spirit can be with us all the time, no matter where we are. Sometimes, people think they can send us little "messages" in different ways, to kind of say, "hi." (I believe this is true, because I'm pretty sure I got a little "message.") But I'm getting off the track.

I just read this lovely little piece called, "Letters From A Little Rat," and this one implies that, even during their lifetimes, our beloved pets have souls that can somehow "find" our souls, and sometimes cause us to think of them and smile. This is the first time I have encountered the notion of that animals can be "with us" even when we are physically apart, and I wondered what people here thought. I know that animals' senses are honed to a level far greater than our own...we probably can't even imagine it. Can our kids follow that invisible, spiritual bond of love, find us, and tickle our minds so that we think of them?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
You really need to hear about Lilspaz's Animal Communicator friend - it'll blow your mind to pieces.

I don't know what to think about it - I'm not one who believes in heaven and I take a very scientific stance on everything. I would LOVE to believe that our furkids could stay with us when they're not here - but I'm not sure where the line of reality ends and the line of comforting make-believe begins.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not really sure what to say to that - this is the first time of owning rats but i would love to think that they are still with me just not physically with me if u know what i mean

Jess x

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I know they ~try.~ :) My boys would be with me all of the time, if possible!

Gotta hear more about Lilspaz's friend! Sounds fascinating!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
years ago I had a first grader in my class room who told me that her old dog that had died sometimes visited her and that her new puppy could see it too but when he tried to jump on the ghost dog he would fall. These three shared a beautiful secret. I am sure love never dies, no matter how small the physical body.

·
Registered
14 Posts
About 2 weeks after we had to have our dear old German Shepherd pts my mom and I were sitting in the living room reading. The house was very quiet and we were both lost in our novels. Just off our living room was a large cement pation. Geisla used to love to roam the patio and you could always hear the click, click, click of her nails on the cement.

As I was sitting there reading I distinctly heard her walking on the patio even though I knew she was gone. I looked up from my book and wondered if I was hearing things or my mind was missing her so bad that it was playing tricks on me. I went back to my reading and heard it again. I looked up from my book to see if my mom had noticed anything and she too was looking out the pation door. I asked her, "Did you just hear that too?".
She just nodded and we both went back to our books

I live in Ohio now but I still after have her leash from so many years ago. I have never been able to use it on another dog. When she was off lead out in the hills all I had to do was click her leash and she would come running. Whenever I come across the lead I have the urge to click it a few times like I did so many times as a child and teen, but part of me is afraid that she will come running to me across time and space. I like to think she is still in my parents yard in San Diego sunning herself or guarding the yard from that evil mailman.

Love transcends all and love each other we did.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I feel that no matter what species they are, we form psychic bonds(I guess that's the right term) with the animal, so whether they are here or gone they are attached to us.

When I was little, a friend and I found two stray tabbies on an older lady's front porch. So, blah blah blah we decided to take the kittens home but the grey one refused to go up to my mom. The lady had put out a bowl of milk for them so I did some quick thinking and dipped my fingers in the milk and held out my hand for the timid kitten. He hesitated, and I told my mom to back off slowly and the cat came up to me and let me pick him up.

Over the years the grey tabby chose me as his pet and he came to be known as Chris(named after another female tabby who died of anti-freeze poisoning a few years before). This cat was my absolute baby. At the time we had a whippet who thought Chris was a chewtoy, and my dad came home to him tossing my poor baby in the air. Chris ended up with chunk missing from his ear and a deep loathing for large dogs. He did not like many other humans, and always always always slept in my room on my back or stomach with his head on my shoulder.

Many, many times I have felt him on me in the night and I've also seen a very faint figure of him(sometimes it's an orb) roaming my room and the hallway right outside my door like he's protecting me. And a few times I've felt him nose my arm to be cuddled while I'm in class!

So, yes, I definitely believe if your furkid loves you that much they will go all out to make sure you know they still love you and that they're waiting for you when it's your time to pass on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts