Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so if you have seen any of my previous threads, my rats had fleas. Now, I’m not sure if they are gone now, because I have noticed the scans on my rats have started to disappear and slow down. I’ve checked my rats fur many times, and haven’t spotted anything. But they are itching Excessively near their ears so that leads me to suspect they still have fleas. Now, earlier the other day I was cleaning my mom and I’s bathroom and I found this

Is this safe for rats? I wanna use this on them just in case if they still have fleas.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
According to the RatGuide page on [ectoparasites];

Although a spray or shampoo sold for small animals such as rats and mice, or hamsters, or that which is safe for kittens or puppies 2 weeks of age containing 0.05 % or 0.06 % pyrethrin can be used for rats every 7 days for 4 weeks, its use should be avoided, or discussed with a veterinarian prior to use due to risk of possible increased toxicity as a result of ingestion from licking by these small animals, besides absorption. Do not use concomitantly with other anthelmintics (e.g., ivermectin or selamectin).
To treat a rat with lice or fleas, the RatGuide suggests [Revolution] or [Advantage].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts