Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello!

So pretty much a simple question, I have this toy and I was wondering if it is safe to use with rats for chewing etc. OR if the bell or whatever inside there could cause some problems? Should the bell be removed? Or should I not even use it at all?

·
Registered
Hulu, Dibs, Sprout, & Mochi
761 Posts
That seems like a good toy! The bell might get annoying if they are in a room that you sleep in. I would personally remove the bell, stuff it with treats and paper and make it a foraging toy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like a good toy! The bell might get annoying if they are in a room that you sleep in. I would personally remove the bell, stuff it with treats and paper and make it a foraging toy.
Ooooh that's actually an amazing idea!!
Just to be sure for the future though, do you think that the rats could get to the bell (I mean ofc they could, eeeeasily) and I don't know.. try to eat it and choke on it or something, I really don't know but that was my initial worry with this toy? 😅

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree! I actualy have this toy, but it isn't a problem for me as I have trained my rats to be more active at daytime then night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts