Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got Bastian, he was so skittish. He has always been happy but he fear pooped and hated being in one place. It's amazing what has happened in the last month of so. I think he has gotten onto his squishy manrat transition. When he is out on my lap, he licks me happily (always been a big kisser) and bruxes and boggles like crazy. It's insane how often he boggles anymore! And he's found ways to tell me when it's back in the cage time. Somehow I will just know when he is done. Usually he climbs back onto my shoulder after 20 minutes or so. I find this funny as that was the time allotment for forced socialization.

He is so sweet and gets sweeter and more laprat like each month he ages.

Please share your stories of a developing a good squishy lap rat! I think rats are like a good wine, they get better as they age!

·
Registered
798 Posts
all of my rats are like that, but i think my true "success stories" are hot shot and TT. hot shot was extremely shy and just plain unsocialized when he came to me, and now while he still runs away from me every now and again, he has learned to love what I call "pocket time" I absolutely adore sweaters with pockets in them, and so do my rats, hot shot isn't quite confident enough to be a shoulder rider yet, but he adores his pocket.

As for TT well, hes the super young double rex i brought home last week. He has turned out to be the absolute sweetest thing i have ever seen. I love him to death! he kisses and bruxes like mad. and he adores eating "finger food" (food licked off of my fingers) it makes me smile from ear to ear just watching all of my babies grow a bit more with every day :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I thought this was so funny! At about eight months old, I had just begun to get Augustus accustomed to being pet, and had a breakthrough with him, where he began to understand that pet = love.

Then, several factors clicked into place, and it became the "right" time in my life to bring a baby brother rat home for him to play with, and enjoy, and boss around. This was Buscemi, who really couldn't have been more than four weeks old when I got him, although they claimed he was older.

I did the "long introduction" thing, and it went even more smoothly, because when they started living together, it was in a brand new, huge home, that had not been lived in before. Boo, being a youngster, loved to run and play with most of his time, and when he slept, he slept hard. He kept Gus pretty busy.

HOWEVER, when Boo showed up, all of a sudden, Gus became SO lovable with me! It's almost as though he wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to lose any love, just because baby brother had moved in. Since then, he'll always love to be pet, usually come when I call him, and focus a lot of attention on grooming me, taking care of my "owies," etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts