Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm already reconsidering this fleece thing. I woke up this morning and the rats have torn all the newspaper out of the fleece. I'm gonna put in some new newspaper later, and I have a cardboard presentation board that I'm gonna cut up and put in between the layers to help weigh the fleece down, and I added more binder clips. Please, tell me I won't have to do this every morning? T.T

·
Registered
870 Posts
I wish we could reassure you, but the fact is every rat and every mischief is different. I used fleece slipcovers on my shelves and a two layer bottom and middle piece in the pans and mine generally made lace with parts of a set after only a few uses. It's a good thing I like to sew. We each have different experiences with our rats and like different things in our cages. Just look at some of the threads in the homes thread. Fleece is not universally loved, nor is it universally hated. But, there are differing opinions about and experiences with it. You may need to find something else that fits you and your rats better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have that many options, though. My local Home Depot doesn't carry the mats that everyone here seems to love and they won't deliver them to my house. The local Dollar Tree doesn't carry anything similar, either. So when I decided to go with fleece, it was between that or carpeting, and I only went with fleece cause I didn't which carpeting was safe for the rats and which one wasn't whereas fleece was tried and true safe all around.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mats are also found at IKEA for $1
I know, but the nearest one is an hour and a half away. I pretty much figured out that they only tear up the newspapers when they're bored, though. Kiki started doing it earlier. So I started rolling a little cat ball at her and she played catch with me. I'm gonna try to get them some more stuff to do, like, a wheel and stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm gonna try to keep them as occupied as I can. Hopefully, it will keep them from shredding the fleece and help with their socializing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts