Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, even though she bit through my finger(and nail) i plucked up the courage to get her out (pinky wont come out of her bed ) and george is running all over me now...shes being so nice!!

even though i had to distract her attention through the bars whilst i snook my hand round...she came out more or less ok...maybe i can persuade my mum not to take them to the rspca?

wooo success!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congratulations! :D

I've read that forced socialization works wonders. It always seems to calm down the boy rats at work... but the girls are always stubborn little things. (I blame the breeder that sends them to us.) If you have any, offer a healthy, liquidy treat such as baby food, or yogurt on a spoon so that she can't steal it and run away, to show that you're not a bad person and you want to be friends. :3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sami said:
Congratulations! :D

I've read that forced socialization works wonders. It always seems to calm down the boy rats at work... but the girls are always stubborn little things. (I blame the breeder that sends them to us.) If you have any, offer a healthy, liquidy treat such as baby food, or yogurt on a spoon so that she can't steal it and run away, to show that you're not a bad person and you want to be friends. :3
cheers :) iv been feeding them yoghurt on a spoon for about 2 weeks, and all they still do, is try to grab it off my at first, then when the realise they cant, the grab the yoghurt with their hands and lick their hands, then start licking from the spoon, but as soon as i slowly move the spoon out of the cage, they arent interested and just lick the bits theyve dropped and run into bed....stubborn women!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Silly girls. XD

Maybe they'll get the idea better if you force them out of their cage and then offer them a treat while (if...?) they're in your lap?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sami said:
Silly girls. XD

Maybe they'll get the idea better if you force them out of their cage and then offer them a treat while (if...?) they're in your lap?
cant....they wont eat when their on me....they decide they want to wee all over me instead lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts