Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to try my hardest to adopt my Aunt's rats. They are living in a terrarium that is large enough for two rats but it just isn't adequate ventilation and I doubt she keeps it clean. She's had trouble keeping animals in the past and I don't trust they are being kept well. When I visited last October/early November I discovered they had lice. Come Thanksgiving she still hadn't had them treated for it yet! I e-mailed and stated that if they hadn't been treated for lice yet I will take them in.

They are perfectly healthy despite the lice. One is a Siamese and the other is a very light blue (platinum) dumbo odd eye. Both are male. The siamese is very friendly but the dumbo is very reserved. She does claim to love her siamese but the fact that she hasn't treated their lice yet bothers me tremendously. Also the fact that she calls the dumbo 'stupid' and seems to ignore him completely due to his shyness also bothers me. When taken out he sits there, doesn't fear poop and seems to like being out, just isn't sure enough to explore because he needs a little work. I know any future problems won't be treated by her. Also the fact they are in a badly ventilated cage bothers me as well as I had gone on and on about how important well ventilated cages are!

Cross your fingers I will keep you updated and show pictures if they come home with me.>_>

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This would make six.

I have old pictures of Petey (his name would definitely change) the Siamese in an old e-mail but when I tried to save it to disk it claimed it was corrupted. So I can't show you any pics I have of him but he's pretty much a standard looking male siamese.

·
Registered
520 Posts
*sigh*

Good for you, though! Poor things...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
o_O good for taking them in (well, trying to for now) that dumbo sounds adorable! i'd love a calm rat

........but when you do get pictures *shifty eyes*

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i know its only been a few days but any progress on getting these boys to you?

·
Registered
626 Posts
You go girl! :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked via e-mail but Grandma avoided the subject. I tried calling no one is calling me back. I have plans to go to Terre Haute but they are falling through due to vehicle problems now. I do still plan to go this month but not sure when. At that time I will try my hardest to rat nap them.

I am nearly a two hour drive away. I wanted to go this Sunday but couldn't get ahold of my mom or anyone to visit so stayed home. *sigh* I hope they aren't avoiding the subject because they are deceased or released or fed to snakes or something horrible ):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts