Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I only had Izumi for a day but I really think that she deserves to be remembered and loved for her gentle and sweet personality. At the petstore she was running around and I didn't see any cause for alarm, but when I brought her home with Dela (The other rat I got at the same store) she was very lethargic and she seemed very skinny to me. I assume now that she had a URI that hit her either in the store or when I brought her home.She was very sweet to me though, chewing on my bracelet in the petstore and she just seemed very calm with being petted and played with. That didn't change when I brought her home. She would come up to me and crawl on my leg and just sit there, huffing (I think it was an effect from the possible URI). But, she still came over to me and sat with me without really seeming to show too much fear. I think she even helped warm Dela up to me when she would just suddenly turn around and crawl up on me. Despite not having her for very long, I really do miss her and I think we had a bond even in that short amount of time. I wish her a very happy time over the rainbow bridge where she may have all the energy she wants to romp and play. RIP Izumi.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is so sad, no matter how long you have had her. It is a small consolation, but she had at least this one day of love and care in her short life. I hope you will soon get a new companion for Dela.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you, both of you. Because of the Petsmar warranty I had to bring in my poor baby's body and I didn't get to bury her as I would have liked to. I did manage to get a ver sweet blue hooded dumbo as a companion for Dela and they both seem healthy. Regardless though, I'll be taking them to the vet as soon as I can. Hopefully Monday but it may be Tuesday...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts