Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there

I have got 2 russian blue rats and had aquired one ordinary one last week. I am getting the baby used to me but now the baby russian blue who is 5 months old now I think is getting jealous. I pick her up afterwards and pay lots of attention to her. Will there be anyways that the 3 rats can live together in one cage when the new baby is bigger??

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rats don't feel jealousy. I'm sure your two rats are very curious about the smells of the new rat. I'm sure that once quarantine is you can introduce all three together.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
One 'ordinary' one? They're all special! :)

Quarentine (QT) is when you keep new rats away from your current rats (in another airspace is best) so that if any of them are sick they don't infect each other. I take it you didn't do this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
jorats said:
Rats don't feel jealousy.
I disagree! When I cuddle Pookie, Scrumph comes running and pushes her out of the way to get all the scritches herself. What's that if not jealousy???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2 older ones are in one cage and the baby is in a cage next to the older ones. Is that ok. I think the one female is highly dominant and of course she will think she must be petted and not the baby. I mean she goes beserk in the cage. U should see her climb up and down lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts