Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a rat yesterday...named her jess...she seems so sweet..ive attachted a picture for you all...never had a rat before..so you'll hear a lot from me asking for your advice...

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
AW! She looks like my Duncan! How sweet. Does she have a white tummy and like a light brown stripe down her back with like dark brown on each side?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi...yes she does have white on her belly...but not a light brown on her back. mine's only 6 week old..how old is yours? is that yours in your picture...looks sweet:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The one in my Avatar is Jinx. Pictures of Duncan are in the Hi! I'm Duncan. Thread. I dont know how old my rats are. But Jinx is bigger than Duncan and Duncan is still small.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should really get another female rat to live with her. Rats are pack animals, and can develop psychological disorders if they are alone too much. So unless you can be with your rat nearly all the time that it is awake, she's going to need company. Two rats aren't any harder to take care of than one, so that shouldn't be a problem. And price shouldn't really be an issue. I've seen fast food combo meals more expensive than the fancy rats at the local pet stores.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anni she is so cute and tiny. Bless her. She looks to of been well handled also, some can be jumpy at 1st lol.

My last rat died 7 months ago. I bought her with her sister and her sister lived about 3 years, Hayles lived a further 3 years on her own and died at the age of 6 years old of very old age!. She was ok on her own but I only had her in the cage when I was out or in bed, mind you some days I could be out all day. She was a happy girl though. Theyare best in a group, Im getting 3 babie girls in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your reply's i didnt think she could be that lonely, we didnt no, non of the pet shops told us she would be better with two.

if we got another rat, would she be ok with another one, after been a week on her own?

·
Registered
928 Posts
she should be ok with the new rat just make sure they are simular ages ive had my two rats toby and cody for 2 months and today i got a new rat (roobs) and they have got used 2 each other in a matter of hours. if u do introduce a new rat make sure u clean the cage throughly so there isnt much sent of jess and then the new rat wont feel as intimadated! good luck *N*I*X*Y*

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 12 rats. There's Luna(siamese), Lily(black hooded), Bleu(blue hooded), Nickoli(albino), Tyler(albino), and 7 babies(albino/siamese). Theyre soooo sweet.

Also, do you live in Boynton and are looking for albino/siamese rats? Im the breeder your looking for. I may be young, but I have a lot of knowledge. PM me for more information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts