Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mammal Nose Snout Rodent Suidae

This is the last photo I have of my little Jezebel.

I adopted her, along with her mother, which I have named Crimson, from a pet shelter about a year ago.

She was a dwarf, extremely sociable and full of life. She happily climbed on me, and liked to hide in my beard, when she wasn't busy grooming my fingers. She liked to snuggle in my hood, and I often would keep her with me during my evening of playing games, where she would laze on my shoulder.

I woke up one afternoon, took a shower, and as per my tradition, went to give them some treats and let them out for their daily playtime. Usually everytime she'd get a glimpse of me, she'd be climbing the bars of her cage, greeting me and wait for me to open the door to let her out. On this day, however... nothing. Then, I open the cage, and she is nowhere to be found. Crimson is on the platform inside their cage, visibly agitated. I look underneath said platform, to find Jez cold and lifeless. I stood there for a while, completely flabbergastered. Then anger grabbed my senses... I didn't understand what happened, and it made no sense to me that one day, she is healthy and full of life, and the next day, she is gone.

I took her to my vet, in hopes he could shed some light as to what happened, so that I might get some sense of closure. Her cause of death was spontaneous heart failure.

I miss that little hyperactive furball. I won't forget you, my old friend. :(

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm so sorry, love. :/

Rest in peace.

You gave her a wonderful life, even if it was only for a short period of time.

<3 You're loved and so was Jezebel because of you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, love. I appreciate the kind words, I really do :)

On the positive side of things, a few weeks ago, after losing Jezebel, I struck luck and found a litter for sale through a friend of mine. The quarantine period expired yesterday, so I introduced Crimson to her three new cagemates, and she happily welcomed them. I have named the trio Latte, Stripe and Caramac. Caramac is the one walking the top of the cage, Latte is the one standing up, and Stripe is the black hooded one. Latte is significantly bigger than her sisters, and I think she might have inherited her mother's Dumbo genes. Latte and Crimson bonded instantly, and for the short time they've been together, they have pretty much became inseparable, and in many ways, Latte reminds me of Jezebel.

Here are some old-ish pics of when I brought the trio home. When everything is settled I'll be sure to post a few newer pics!

Cage Animal shelter Muroidea Rat Muridae Rat Cage Muridae Muroidea Mouse

·
Registered
624 Posts
Oh my goodness, your little girls are so adorable and I love their names.
I'm happy they're getting along so well. I hope the live a long and prosperous life. :3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts