Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Travelin' Rat will be coordinating a holiday gift exchange this year. If you would like to participate, please email [email protected] with your name, address, any information about your rats (number, ages, sex, what they might have a hankering for, etc), and where you are willing to ship to. We'll match you up and notify you of your giftee no later than the week of Thanksgiving (Nov 27). We'll do our best to keep you within your own country but cannot guarantee that.

Please choose a gift of approximately $20 value before shipping and mail it no later than Dec 15. Don't forget to notify us both when you send your gift out and when you receive yours.

These are in no way mandatory, but we would like to encourage you to purchase your gift through a rescue or a business that supports rescues and we'd LOVE to see pictures on our FB page so we can make an album! We have a list of businesses that have helped us and the rescues we've helped on the bottom of our About Us page:
http://thetravelinrat.weebly.com/about-us.html

Please let us know if you would be willing to send a second gift if something unexpected happens with another giftee. We hope that this will go without a hitch but we need to be prepared!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email
[email protected]."

Anybody else signing up for the fun - because I am! Super excited to see who I get paired up with. I love gift giving more than anything. It is a great way to also establish connections with other forum members and to spread a little joy (and receive some!) participating in holiday fun with fellow rat lovers. All the information on how to join is at the top of the page. Post here if you are participating this year! The deadline is 23rd of November and I believe they are more than happy to accept international sign ups too as long as they are able to match someone who is able to post off to you and vice versa. :) Yay!

·
Registered
581 Posts
This could be really fun! I'd love to make some cute things to send to people and maybe buy a few things as well... What a wonderful idea! XD Hopefully I can sign up for this! :3

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know other people utilized their sewing skills for a previous Secret Santa so I am sure homemade is okay and even well-accepted if you have a craft! The idea is that everyone sticks to the $20 rule and purchases/makes something they think their match up and their rats will enjoy. It is all in good fun and the more people, the better. I hope you will all participate and who knows... maybe I will be your Santa >:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow, lots of excitement over this, yay! Hope we get a bunch of signups. Thanks for reposting for me. :)

Regarding homemade- as long as the value of the total gift is around $20, there should not be an issue. I mean, heck- if you're a bargain shopper and get $20 worth of stuff for $2, why wouldn't that be OK? (Though, at that point, I'd throw in a bit extra, lol!)

Hope to see some of you in the inbox when i check later!

BTW, You can participate even if you don't have rats. We'll just let your gifter know that. They can get human rat-related gifts (magazine sub, Tshirt, trinkets) or even request items for rats and have them donated to a rescue. Just don't want anyone to feel left out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does it have to be 20$ Could I make something

·
Registered
267 Posts
I own www.TheLittleRedLadybug.com

The traveling rat. please let me know if you need donations!

Everyone participating! Please enjoy 25% off your entire order for secret Santa! Use code: 25SS in your shopping cart!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.