Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my Eskyda was/is the perfect rat but she resently started getting VERY jumpy and vocal....and it seems like she's always in heat. :?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Is she ill, perhaps?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I'm aware of. She is a bit small for her age but that has to do with genetics.

I haven't noticed anything that would suggest an illness. No sneezing or anything odd.... other than the jumpyness. And the seemingly always being in heat..? :?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What makes you think she's always in heat?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I said it seems like she always is. And it's becuase she's always "poseing".

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Arching her back, etc? Is this daily?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe not daily but it seems like it..... Is something wrong? Is she sick? :(

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and Velvet seems to really target Eskyda when I see the fighting.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I doubt it... they can go into heat ever 4 days, she just may have a short cycle and display more. :)

Is she the omega in the group? The lowest on the totem?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think so. I think it goes like this,

1) Velvet

2) Una

3) Nezume

4) Eskyda

I THINK.....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
She may display more and be jumpier due to Velvet's heightened aggressions. Dominant females tend to hump others when in heat, I think, while the submissive ones display... maybe she's trying to placate her more aggressive 'sister.'

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine are the same way. It seems like they are always in heat. But I didn't know they can go into heat every 4 days. I just thought it was because they are still young why they are so jumpy and hyper.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Velvet and Nezume are going to go to a new home sometime in the next 3 weeks so maybe she'll go back to "normal" when Velvet is gone...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's getting worse!!! HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Can you separate them if it's bothering you so much?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Aaaw poor thing! Warm thoughts are being sent your way in this hard time. I hope that you sort out the problem soon. :cry: Try seperating them and putting one in a cage by itself but close to the others...May be... :?

Whats she like when away from the others and out of the cage by herself??

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eskyda is the most lovey dovey, kissy girl I've had in a long time! :) That's why I started this post. To find out why she was acting so...unlike herself.

I'll try putting Velvet and Nezume in the spare cage and see if that helps Eskyda calm down. Oh and I suppose it's also good to do that so when they go to their new home their new "mama" wont have to deal to much with their first fights for dominance.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's because I made it up! :D :wink:

I combined the words escape+hide so it was orginaly spelled escida. But nobody was pronouncing it right so I switched the ci to ky and VOALA!!! The name Eskyda. :)

I gave her that name because when I first got her she escaped in my moms car 8O and insisted on hiding or playing "catch me if you can!!".....for over an hour. :roll:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts