Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm Bridget. I spent a while trying to find a 'rat forum' that was still active and managed to stumble across this one, luckily. Previously, I owned Syrian Hamsters for around the last five years until recently. I kept telling myself I wouldn't get any more as it always breaks my heart when they pass away and I managed to keep my word.. But instead, I have ended up with two female rats after spotting them in my local pet store, this afternoon. The previous owner had given them up, so it's their loss and my gain.

I don't have much experience with rats but I read a lot and will invest in some good books about them, along with being active on here.

Currently, my two girlies don't have names. ( Apparently the previous owner called them Beatrise and Hermione, though I reckon they said Bellatrix but were misheard, as that's two names from Harry Potter! )

Leaning towards some cute Disney ones like Tiana and Mulan but I adore vampire films, so they might end up with some rather dark but pretty names!

Letting them settle in their cage and will start handling them tomorrow, though they're both keen to come out of their cage and play already.

ratties.jpg

It's lovely to be on here! Hope everyone is having a good day, I am trying to avoid buying loads of ratty goodies online but I have a feeling I will fail.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey there! I've seen Syrian Hamsters before! Their cute. Congrats in the new sweeties! True, rodents will break your heart, but its so worth it!!! Your little cuties are SO CUTE. How about the simple name 'Vampire'? Good luck! If you need help, there are many forums and mods and admins here to help you. Good luck Bridget!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm completely in love with them, already. I am trying to let them settle in but every time I go in the room, they're up at the bars and asking for attention, it's so adorable. When I opened the cage door, both were really curious and trying to interact with my hand, whilst I was sorting a wooden platform for them. The bigger girl eventually took hold of my hand and groomed it all over, along with gently nibbling my nails. Have I got myself some super friendly ratties? I'm so new to this but from what I have read, having them groom you is really positive so I am surprised by them showing this behavior so quickly.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You don't have to let them settle in. Go right ahead and say hello.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, I have said hello plenty of times already haha. I can't resist them, they're so friendly and keen for attention. I feel very lucky!

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are adorable, welcome to the forum, I'm new here myself, but I love it already! Your girls are adorable! I like the names Hermione and Bellatrix, I adore Harry Potter however though. :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!

I love Harry Potter myself, so it was tempting to keep the names.

I'm going to head across to the Meet My Rat section and share some more photos of them, soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts