Hi i just got my new rats 'Milk' & 'Cookies'
they are both girls.
I Would Appreciate It if anyone had any tips,
As 'Milk' Somtimes Kind-of Nips me
what should i do? :?

·
Registered
357 Posts
What kind of tips? There are hundreds!! lol. In what areas are you needing tips?

And as for the nipping, squeak at her when she does it so she knows it's your finger and hurts you.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do as much research as possible. Google, read through the forum, books...

Also, think of as many puzzle activity options as you can for them to do while you are gone.

A stimulated rat is a happy rat!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THX as for biting my rats have never peirced the skin and i think they do it as friendly thing,
As for squeaking when the bite you i think theat a really good idea!
Thx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nippin is to see if your food or not. However given them treats through bars will get them to more than nip if you stick your fingers in the bars..I need to get my girls out of that habbit.

Well so far your good, as you should have mutiple rats...what kind of cage are the darlings in? what food? tell us how you care for them and we'll give you tips and advise you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a big 3 story masterpet cage packed full of things to climb on eat and play with.
As for food i've got 60% rat food 40% small rabbit food and aspen litter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in auckland and i drove all the way down to hamilton to get them,
i got them from a great pet shop on te rapa strait. :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
give them some fresh or frozen fruit and veggies as a supplement to the rat mix. my girls love avocado, grapes, peas, corn kernels and cobs, broccoli... in fact just about everything except carrots.

they also love raw almonds, unsalted peanuts, peanuts in shells, pecans, banana chips, etc.

the nipping could be because your ratties are still a little nervous and scared of you but that should pass with time, love and affection from you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Rabbit food isn't really a good idea. Neither are rabbit treats because they tend to have more sugar in them then rat treats and food and rats dont need the extra sugar in their diet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts