Rat Forum banner

Just need to vent

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DensilAndDoughnutOwner 
#1 ·
So I have been rethinking my realtionship of three years......I love him,but it seems he's more worried a bout money while I am just it will come when it comes kinda person.I talked a bout leaving him last week amd he ripped up 50 dollars I had in my wallet and a shirt of mine (that will now be used for the ratty cages).....he has not once asked if he could help me clean the cages nor help with the vet bills that seem to slowly pile up.......I love my rattys and they love me too and I am looking out for their well being........it seems he could careless a bout them. He doesn't even ask if he can help me hammocks or any toys for them. So it's kinda all on me and I wish he would just warm up too my fur friends. He doesn't want too deal with anything that involves his own time.....and it just bothers me a lot........I'm so torn up and confused by him half the time.....there's days where he acts like he doesn't want me around then there are days he does....am I looking into this too deep?

#3 ·
You should do what you feel is the right thing to do, for both you and your little babies. Only you know if its worth being with him or not. In my past experience when I start feeling like I'm looking into a relationship too deep, it means that it's not a healthy relationship anymore, but again that is only my experience. Ultimately it is your decision. Also, you should try to get that money back, it might help you with the ratty bills, as well as any other expenses. I really hope you are happy at the end of this and know whatever decision you make is the right one.

#4 ·
mzunderstood09;bt97 said:
You should do what you feel is the right thing to do, for both you and your little babies. Only you know if its worth being with him or not. In my past experience when I start feeling like I'm looking into a relationship too deep, it means that it's not a healthy relationship anymore, but again that is only my experience. Ultimately it is your decision. Also, you should try to get that money back, it might help you with the ratty bills, as well as any other expenses. I really hope you are happy at the end of this and know whatever decision you make is the right one.
Haha I didn't think anyone actually reads my blogs :/ but thank you for the advice I'm a strong girl I. Sure I can figure things out

#6 ·
Flashygrrl;bt102 said:
Do you have some written record of that money you lent him and the purpose it went for? Anyways, you need to do what's best for you and your rats.
Sadly I do not :/ I wish I did though....

#7 ·
As mzinderstood09 said, you should do what is most comfortable for you and to do what you feel is right. Personally, If I were you, I'd leave him. But I don't know him. It's just from the way he sounds that if I were you I would leave him. If he doesn't respect you or your companions, and if he doesn't respect that you pay for everything, then I would just leave. Say,
"If you can't respect me, my baby's, and what I do, then I don't thing I can be with you anymore. Because I do everything around here and I deserve more respect. You have a choice to respect me and my family and what I do, but if you don't, then you're on your own."
Just say something like that. Hope this helped. Feel free to ask anymore questions. :D

#8 ·
Like many have said do what YOU feel is right for you and your rats. (though I would leave him)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.