Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I've had a good week so far but today was the best! The hospital let me go home for a couple of hours (I had to take medications with me and some machine thingy I forget what its called) I get home either way and I had a welcome party! The dogs had party hats and so did one of the one of the ratties. Well technically he was asleep in it. Everyone was excited to see me but that all soon ended as I had to go back to the hospital. My rattie nightmare tried to sneak out by hiding in my purse! My Family has started to visit to (At first they didn't want to) My twin has been up visiting everyday with my girlfriend. and she just told me she was pregnant and her aunt (from her adoptive family) Found out she was having a girl. This year everyone is being blessed with little munchkins. (Awkward moment when you cant have kids unless you adopt)(which I'm thinking about).

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Glad things are getting better for you. And adoption is great! I would rather adopt than have my own kids naturally

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Going to an orphanage is hard, in a lot of ways it's like going to the rat feeder bins. These kids have no chances at a good life unless someone adopts them, it'll break your heart. I hope you choose to adopt :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Oh good!!! Adoption is amazing, me and my fiancee are currently going through the paperwork motions to adopt :) I want my own by birth too but we've always wanted to adopt :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well once I'm completely aloud to got home We'll talk more but we both like the idea. Jane was adopted so she'll have some sorta connection to who ever we adopt. Luckily I have exspierence with kids (Jane has A LOT to learn XD)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Haha oh my! I'm lucky in that I practically brought up my niece from birth and nephew from birth when I was 16-19 so I have that experience! Ria is brilliant with kids but not practical about the day to day things! There should be like a 1 day intensive parenting preparation course haha :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah! I used to baby sit and I pretty much raised them both! (I've also Experienced having my own child but He passed) Jane Can handle kids but She doesn't know how to say no! I had my 6 year old bother stay over once and when ever I left the room he knew who to go to if he wanted somthing he couldn't have LOL! She needs learn how to discipline a child to. Thats one thing that NEEDS to be established haha

·
Registered
543 Posts
Oh my I'm so sorry about your child! x

Ria has the same problem, no discipline! But then again she was brought up without it and spoilt rotten. I had to choose between nice things (phones, clothes, etc) or a holiday abroad for 2 weeks. So I was taught from young to place my money in the right place. Rias money habits just show her up bringing and as much as I love her, I don't enjoy the bills haha! But heh, can't change someone :) Discipline will be on the tables though for sure!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My family alway spoiled me rotten to! On my moms side I was the only granddaughter (Now I have my twin to compete with!) and on my dads side since he was the only boy when he had me and my brother we were pretty important XD. when I was around fourteen I kinda realized I was a brat and calmed down. I to have a bit of a spending habit (and a animal obsession!). Jane says she "keeps me in line" BUT SHE'S JUST AS BAD! The bills are a pain in the arse

·
Registered
543 Posts
Oh wow! I remember reading about you meeting your twin and was just amazed by it all!! I was "spoilt" in comparison to my half brothers/sister but only because I didn't have to wash up (we had a dishwasher), clean the house (my mum worked less hours so she did it) etc. But as a normal person I was just normal ha! I have a huge animal obsession! I tried to convince my nan on the Saturday just gone to rescue a goat and a pig otherwise I would have to knock door to door till I found them a home.. She caved. So I have more furry friends to visit now ha!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pfft! I have 5 dog, 3 cats, 4 rats, A squirrel, 2 rabbits, 3 mice, and a savannah monitor. Now just remember I only wanted two rats but ended up with and extra two due to Janes request! 2 of the dogs are hers and ALL of the cats are hers. So I dont want to hear her whining about how IM THE ONLY ONE WiTH A OBSESSION when she owns half the animal lol Not to mention she just asked me if I wanted to get another mouse! (I swear if she see's them I'm going to die she is in the middle of getting a account XD)

·
Registered
543 Posts
HAHAH WOW! Can I come live at yours?! We have the 2 cats and 4 soon to be 6 rats :) Just rehomed a ton of fish as I decided to focus on my furries so rehomed fish from a 2ft and 4ft tropical tank :) 5 dogs though?! WOW. A squirrel too... Thats just. Amazing. How do you have the time?! I work 9-5 and just about squeeze in all my free roam with the rats, cuddles/play with the cats and time for Ria! Ohhhh she's gonna kick your butt hahahah!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes you and Ria should live with us XD. Me and Jane own a Animal rescue center (Nothing huge though). So alot of My animal get to come to work with me but they are stuck running around my office (The rats dont mind XD)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thats it, packing my bags! You're like living the dream! Lucky you!!! I'd love an animal rescue and I'd love a ton more animals but Ria likes to keep the numbers low or she gets overwhelmed.. I brought back a kitten from our recent holiday to Southend that was living on the streets, unfortunately out lads hated her so we rehomed her with my vet! :) But gosh I want a ton of animals!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts