Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got three new rats. 2 standards and a hairless. All three were from a pet store destined to be feeders. I was going to just go with the two standards but I couldn't leave the hairless behind, too cute! Didn't want him to be snake food. [even though I have snakes... too cute to be dinner]
Oldest I'm guessing is about 6 or 7 weeks. The hairless and the other one seem to be around 5 to 6. Largest girl is white with champaign markings and the other looks like a silver or a beige. I can't really tell.
They are on fleece and some care fresh [fleece covers the "warm" side of the temp cage, carefresh is on the other] I've got a heating pad set to low on the warm side, mostly for the hairless. They are on oxbow and lab blocks.

The hairless was fine yesterday with some general new home sneezies. But today she was having "rapid fire" sneezes. Little half sneezes several in a row. Her breathing sounds fine, not raspy. Other two have new home sneezies too.
I gave them all some warm decaffeinated green tea with honey mixed in, will this help them a little better? They seem to really love it. I didn't give them much, just about a bottle cap.
Should I become worried and do a vet visit if they are still sneezing after a week?

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's always good to give the little fur/non fur balls :3 at least a week. It could be just that they're getting used to their new environment.
I personally think it'd be a good idea to go see the vet anyway, just as a general check up to make sure they're all fine.. after a week or so, anyway.

Keep an eye on Mr/Ms.naked, hopefully they're just sneezing due to a new environment. If it gets worse and it's consistent then a vet appointment should happen.

Hopefully this helps. D; A little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts