Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Waves* Hey Everyone! It's nice to meet you all. My current zoo consists of 2 bucks (brothers Kero and Tuck), and 3 does (sisters Spot, Faye, Baby). All of my 'kids' are related and out of the same litter. I was a VERY small time hobby breeder who got out of breeding shortly after getting into it (I went back to school full time and decided I didn't have the time to dedicate to breeding).

As of tonight, I aquired via Craigslist 6, one week old orphan babies. Three blacks and it looks like to PEWs and something that will end up on the Buff side. I'm not sure if they're going to make it yet, but they seem to be doing well. Got everyone to eat, go potty, and warmed up.

My husband is livid, but *shrugs* he'll get over it. I couldn't let those babies have a slow suffering death. Apparently, the woman adopted a doe of off craigslist a week ago, only to find mom dead this morning and six babies. It worries me a bit that mom died, but frankly, I think it was due to lack of care. How do you not know that there are babies? That means that she must not have been feeding and watering. *sigh*

Don't know what I"m going to do with them tomorrow. Maybe a pouch of some sort. We have a BBQ to go to, and then on Sunday I'm going to the Snaffle Bit Futurity with my employer and hubby won't have anything to do with 'em! Grrrrr

Ooops.. My buzzer just went off for our next feeding! Hope everyone has a wonderful night!!!! I'm going to try to do a picture journal for these guys.

Again, nice to meet everyone! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Thats great that you are caring for the rittens. That takes alot of dedication. I look forward to pictures and hearing about their progress. Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forums, nezumi!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

Good look with raising the little ones!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts