Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I found these two cute boys needing a home on a local facebook page. The owner is a girl who "heard about rats and decided to try them out, but decided they're not for her" so she wants to get rid of them. They're in a tiny tank with a topper and no stimulation, and she wants $30 for all of it. So a rescue owner (who doesn't like to affiliate herself directly with the rescue through her personal facebook) tells the girl to contact the rescue about getting advice if she's having trouble with rats. The girl says "thanks but I'd rather sell them". Okay, so then I say "Well I might take them if you don't find anyone else, let me know" just sort of trying to keep tabs on this post. So the rescue owner says "yes I'll take them, but I won't pay for them since that would be rewarding you for a poor decision." The girl of course says no thanks. A day later I get talking to the girl again and she ways that rats aren't the pets for her and she's not interested in trying to keep them. By this point the rescue owner basically tells her how it is and how it's unfair to charge $30 for crap supplies just so the person who gets them can have to spend extra money getting the right stuff. The rescue owner again says she'll take them, but the girl is determined to get her money's worth out of them and says "the right home will come along with someone who can pay" and says she can't give them away for free because buying them from her proves that the owner is willing to spend money on them. The rescue owner then points out that SHE spent money on those boys and that didn't get them a good home. So by this point I step in and say "hey look, if I pay you will you give them to the rescue owner? She's your best option of finding your boys a great home" and THEN the girl is totally willing to give them to the rescue of someone is paying her. So blah blah blah, I get things set up, she tells me she's a full time student and can't meet me personally but her sister will. So I keep trying to contact her to arrange to meet and it goes nowhere. I give her a time window, a meeting place, say I have the cash in hand, and still nothing. I message her, she even reads it, and still doesn't answer. I message her again saying "Hey Im not trying to be a nuisance, but Im just a bit confused what is going on. I can see you read my message over an hour ago. Can I still meet you to get they boys? Thanks" and she replies saying "Its not up to me. Did I not tell you im in school full time? My sister will be meeting you". What the heck??? How am I magically supposed to know her sisters contact info?? SHE is the one selling them technically, it is her post, her rats, so she needs to get it together and work with me. She wants them bad "ASAP" but refuses to cooperate. I told her can you give me your sisters contact info and she doesn't answer. I'm pissed off. Ever since I joined these local buy/sell facebook groups I've seen some of the most immature and irresponsible "adults" ever. It's funny how people make fun of my generation, and yet the other day I saw a group of grown men and women literally bashing someone on the group and posting tons of memes in the comments. It was pathetic. Anyways, I'm just going to keep messaging this girl until she gives me something to work with.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ugh. Hope you get them to the rescue. This is why I can't look at any pet ads. People drive me nuts. I understand that I may be a bit of a freak when it comes to animals, but I really can't handle some of the stuff I see from people.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all on her now. I've told her where and when I can meet, she's given me nothing. She wants them gone so bad and wants her money but isn't being proactive, just says "okay."

·
Registered
39 Posts
The worst part about this whole situation is the two boys that need a loving home but are stuck with someone who doesn't want them and who is unwilling to do what is best for them. I hope the $30 doesn't go toward another pet that will inevitably be ignored and unwanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts