Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning she has the sniffles, you can hear her nose is stuffy and see it is a little runny. The vet said exams are real stressful on rats and to only bring her in if shes definately sick. The exam would be $25. I called the shop I got her from to ask if they would reimburse me or something. The guy just said that I should put a towel over her cage and see what happens, and that I probably have the a/c too high. Riiiiight... my other rats are just fine, I've had rats for years and the a/c does not go above 5 (on a 1-10 scale) ever. I don't really like the cold, the a/c is usually on 3 or 4. This sux...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got her an appointment for 4.30 today, I might be seeing the vet that I like, he often changes an examination fee of my dog to a re-examine fee, from $40. to $12. I just hope he feels like being generous with this case.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It's probably an upper respiratory infection, but hopefully it's not a virus. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh, the vet said that she does not seem sick. He said that as long as her lungs are clear he doesn't want to put her on antibiotics because they will upset her digestion. I'm not too crazy about this. $25. down the drain.. If it was for peace of mind at least, I would be fine with it, but I am still worried.

·
Registered
489 Posts
sometimes ras get the sniffles from movin to a new home...hopefully thats it bc then itll go away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts