1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
i am not a fan of the brand kaytee honestly so I prob wouldnt use it myself.

I've always just used water or prefer baby wipes to just wipe them down. Rats shouldnt be bathed often. But in other groups I am in ppl suggest using baby shampoo. It seems to be very popular.

·
Registered
996 Posts
i am not a fan of the brand kaytee honestly so I prob wouldnt use it myself.
The only good product I've ever seen from Kaytee is their Kaytee Clean and Cozy bedding. Everything else is junk. =/

Honestly, I wouldn't use any product to wash a rat if I could help it. They lick themselves so much, I'd worry it'd hurt them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the advice guys! I'm not gonna get it, it's pretty expensive too. I've only bathed my rats once or twice and they clawed my flesh and pooped all over the place. It's a struggle even to wipe them with baby wipes. Wesley's fur is kinda gross and brown looking though so I will try to just wipe him with baby wipes.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Baby wipes are great for quick cleans. Make it a daily habit and they should get used to it.

For the few times when rats truly need a bath, any products you would use on a baby are good. Baby wash, Dr. Bronner's, etc. Be careful with bathing, especially males, because washing them triggers their skin to produce more oils (orange, gross grease in males) and generally just make it worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts