1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Khaleesi gave birth Oct 2

Picture Spam Time :)

9 Days old they are getting sooo big

3 of them have Black splotches on their backs...is that going to be black fur color there you think?

They are so soft.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How cute! I've always thought baby rats looked like little aliens but the more I see all these baby pictures the more I think they are cute little aliens :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Adorable! The spots are definitely going to be a lighter color than black; you'd have seen black on the skin long before the hair came in! I'd think possibly a light brown or bluish brown from the look of it. You'll get a better idea when their coats come in more. Can't wait to see more pics! All of you with your babies are making me jealous lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awwwh! - I love their peach fuzz that's coming through! - Their gonna be heart breakers if they look like mum too .. She's adorable! <3

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Khaleesi gave me a very nasty bite this morning. She attacked so fast like she wanted to take my thumb off. I dont think Ive ever bled so much from a little marks wow I was gooshing blood. It didn't hurt at the time but it is alittle sore after.

Completely my fault, don't mess with momma! She had been so much calmer lately ive even petted her inside the cage but I got too close to her babies with her there. She was just being a good mommy. Out of the cage she was being a sweet angel though. I got a new hair clip and had my long hair up and she thought it was fascinating. And kept climbing on my head to investigate.

I gave the cage a big scrubbing clean today and put the babies on the bottom of the cage and i'm afraid Khaleesi will move them back up top. Im just worried they will get hurt up top once they start exploring.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are so precious right now. Their eyes should open any day now. I am so excited. I love to just hold them and talk sweetly to them so they get used to my voice. Its super easy to tell the boys from the girls now that they have nipples lol. I was right so yay.

They are much more active now when I take them out. One boy tried crawling up my shirt! lol I thought I lost one but he just crawled under the blanket I had them on lol. I had a mini heartattack.

This is one girl I've gotten attached to already. I just love her the line down her back. I am hoping to keep her and if so her name will be Elsa.

Two of the boys. I love the pic with his foot on his brothers head lol

Two more boys. Bad pic because they would not hold still. But you can see the darker markings on their backs.

Girls:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
omg are they little handfuls and their eyes are not even open yet! Three of them escaped their nest box and were sleeping outside of it! So I decided to do a cage cleaning and remove the box so they are just on the fleece floor now. They were crawling all over the entire cage floor two even managed to get to the next floor!

I have a feeling I have a few troublemakers in the group. Good news is that they can not fit through the cage bars! Some people told me they could but idk maybe my babies are just huge but they were trying like crazy and couldn't fit their heads through so yay I don't have to move them!

Their eyes should open today or tomorrow! I have a doggie playpen setup that I am going to sit in with them and play with them as soon as their eyes open daily. They will be handled so much! I never want to put them down they are so adorable!

a short video: http://instagram.com/p/uHKY66EELI/?modal=true

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh my gosh, they're so adorable ;D - Khaleesi's ears are incredible too.. These are going to be some pretty handsome bubs!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
i think the dark spots on there backs are actually marked siamese, that's where there attempt at hooded is. It will probably lighten a bit once they get there adult coats in and be more a creamy colour. Your unlikely to see nose points until then too

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Isamurat :) I wish more were marked it is gonna be a pain to tell all of them apart without it lol. Siamese was my dream rat and now I have a whole ton of them.

I love dumbo rats. I hope some of the babies are but I just can't tell yet. They all seem top eared to me so idk.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
If you get a photo of there heads side on i can probably tell you. Though unless dad carries dumbo you wont get any. If all the ears look the same at this stage then the chances are you dont have any, as its normally easy to see. I find the best age to judge is in the first week before their ears come away from there heads. If oyu (mentally) draw a line from the nose to the eye and project that on to the ear the tip of dumbo ears tends to sit below it, top ears point above it.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eyes are opened today!!!!!

I am so excited, they are like little rats now.
Some are developing points on the base of their tail as well now.

The boys are much more active and social so far. Maybe the girls were just sleepy cuz I woke them up lol. One boy climbed my shoulder and another fell asleep in my hand then woke up and gave me a bath awww :) The only time any of them hold still is when they fall asleep lol

I didn't get great pics. Momma escaped her play area twice and went on an adventure while I was trying to get photos. So I had to go chase her down lol Plus the babies kept trying to go to sleep with their butts facing me pfft lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
Your bubs were born oct 2nd? Mine were oct 1st. so cute and fun to watch and compare being they are so close in age. Your's are all so light and mine are all so dark in color. All adorable. :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your bubs were born oct 2nd? Mine were oct 1st. so cute and fun to watch and compare being they are so close in age. Your's are all so light and mine are all so dark in color. All adorable. :)
Oh that is so neat!

I saw yours just opened their eyes yesterday too. Now the fun begins lol. I just wanna hold them nonstop and never put them down lol

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are so fun now that their eyes are open. Having 9 little rats crawl all over you at once is a crazy feeling lol. I love it! They love giving me a bath too, which is just about the most adorable thing ever, they are so precise with their bathing they don't miss a spot.

They are so light one crawled up my shoulder and into my hair and getting her out was not easy lol

Poor momma seems alot more worn out lately. They are quite active at night I think its making her crazy lol. They don't listen.

They have shown interest in food but I haven't seen them eating yet. I saw one copying mommy andtrying to build up the nest awww.

I put them in this bucket and put my hands in and they all fight to try and climb my hands :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts