Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jojo seems to be trying so hard to befriend the babies but they just won't warm up to him. He's always trying to groom them or snuggle against them and either they just seem too scared to move or they get angry at him or run away. I've had them out together at least once a day for the past week now and there seems t be little to no change. Once my mom gets home I hope to be able to put them into the bathtub with some water to see if that helps any. I can't do carrier method at the minute since Jojo decided it'd be fun to chew a hole in the mech (We can fix it though just don't have the materials at the minute)

Skin Nose Snout Hamster Eye Bed Bedroom Room Cat Furniture

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sometimes it looks like he's given up with them. He'll be heading in their direction then "notice" they're there, hesitate, then head in a different direction.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You can sit in the dry tub with all of them. That is what I do anyways :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only problem i see with sitting in there with them is theyd focus on crawling all over me and ignore each other completely

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Do you have a storage bin? That could work.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking tub really because the water could work as a small stress factor (it'd be reallyreally shallow) so maybe they'd stick together a bit?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Since they're not really aggressive together, I don't think stress bonding is what is needed. What they need is to be close quarters to learn how to deal with each other. With a lot of space, it's easy to just ignore each other.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I put on my overly large zip up hoodie and I partially zip it up. Then I plop them inside it. They crawl all around inside it, and thus must crawl over each other. They are forced to interact. This while being in my tiny bathroom with the door closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts