Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago maybe a week? I had put a couple kleenex's into my rattie's sleeping ball and a night later went to pick her up and saw blood all over the kleenex. I picked her up to check for cuts and after seeing that she had none i figured it must have been poryphin that everyone on the forum talks about. a couple of days before I had bought her a new chew toy and a new brand of food so i took out the chew, and switched to the little bit of old food i had left (my emergency comtainer in case i run out) and took away the kleenex after that i did not see any more i slowly introduced the chew and food back and she has been fine so i figure it is the kleenex and I was wondering if this is the same reaction with all rats or just mine?

·
Registered
549 Posts
It might have been the tissues, it might have been dust, it might have been the change in seasons, it might have been a lot of things. Has she been sneezing a lot? Does she have crusties around her eyes or nose?

My little boys have decided the phone book I used to cover the gap in the floor belongs in their igloo and have been moving it piece by piece.. no sneezing though

If you don't want to use tissues you could give her fabric scraps or paper towels :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats is wat i do now at the time i immediately looked at her eyes and in the corner of one i saw a crusty but i saw no sneezing and now she is perfectly healthy but i figured this might be an answer to someone elses question so i figured i would share :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
As glindella said it could have been a lot of things. Tissues can be very dusty for instance. I always used ripped up paper towels (plain with no ink) with my kids since those aren't dusty. As long as you aren't seeing any more discharge around the eyes and nose and no other signs of illness I wouldn't be too concerned as it sounds like something just irritated her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts