Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
la_marée_haute hello there

la_marée_haute I was most surprised to see you using my picture of Darla and her baby.
I am really flattered that you are using it. I am very proud of my lovely rats and you are most welcome to use it. Thanks sweetie. :D
Enjoy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: la_marée_haute hello there

Thank you and different people have asked to use it before. Someone wanted it at the University of Florida for a study on rats holding things working with Aldheimers disease. Another in Texas for her cheques.
Perfectly fine with me if someone wants to use it. :)
I am flattered to say the least.
I also made it to the finals in the International animals book with it. I will see how we make out for the big yearly book they put out.
Haven't heard any more back yet but keeping my fingers and toes crossed. They said that I qualified for the $1000. prize with it.
Dream on eh? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I am not sure how to put a picture here for you but I will try. She was using it for her avatar and I believe someone on another forum told her I was fussy about who uses my pictures.
I don't want her to feel hurt about it at all.
I was also wondering how her sweet babies are doing that she had and everything is okay. I think it was a very big litter so hope all goes well for her. She had posted on here and the other forum. Maybe she is going under something else now and I just wanted to reasure it it was fine with me.

Wow after about 7 tries this was going to be my last one. Giggle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks Mamarat and it was just a lucky shot but I guess after a few hundred takes you are bound to catch something really great. :lol:
I am certainly no prfessional and still learning my settings yet.

Any way hope she gets my message okay. She certainly doesn't need to remove it as some led her to believe.

Nice to you you too Jorats always. :wink:

Oh wait you mean real babies Mamarat?

Thank you so much and nice of you to compliment me. Of course they all are the whole world to me and I am very proud of every one of them.
Many US breeders with Ratterys, in the past on the US side, got them from me but I don't travel now that much any more. (Hubbies 2 strokes and all)

I don't breed very often and still get a lot of requests but the most I ever did was about 2 or 3 litters a year and not even that now.
Getting old I guess. lol

Not as easy lifting cages and such any more for me either. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

lilratscal, i think i e-mailed you a few times before i evn got my rats.....weird (not really though..)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

SamsterAndRocky It is too bad that the RMCA rat and mouse chapter in Hershey PA. isn't still going on. That is the chapter I use to travel down to all the time and belong to.
I went to shows there when they use to have them. It was the closest thing to me except the New York chapter that use to be.
I sure wish we had them as I was learning everything there and seeing all the show colours etc.
I miss that so much.
I went to Cinncinatti but it got very costly for me and a long way to travel with my rats too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

rat_ratscal you did? Where are you located? I see you are in Canada. Are you in Ontario? What sweeties do you have now? :)

I have a lot of trouble keeping up sometimes with e-mail and such sorry about that. I also had quite a time on and off with getting stuff for my forum and getting back out due to complicated settings and not a lot of help.

Even when people try to join my forum as well. I request they send me a short note stating what screen name they wanted to use. I have been on so long now, 4 years for a forum, that my spam applications iare unbelievable and I did not know there were so many countries in the world. lol Some where going in my junk box too.

I understood that my confirmations don't go out either the way the guy set it up for me. Sigh, Trying to get sorted out now better. :D

I do recognize diferent names on here though. Sorry if any of you had any problems. Just gove me a boot if I missed any of you okay. But do send the user name in to me. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

i have to little fluff-balls, ozzy (after ozzy osbourne) and hyper (my sister named her)

yes im in ontario :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Wow they are very sweet and I love that one in your hand? That was pretty cute of your sister naming one. lol
You are a nice sister. :)
Is the one a pink eyed white or blackeyed?
I am glad you got some. :)
Is that little Fawn odd eye too with black and very dark Ruby?
Some times you need to go to a window in bright natural light to tell.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

shes actually not white, depending on the lighting, her eyes change colour
they were my birthday present and my dad said i could get one and my sister could get one (they live together)

heres a good pic of ozzy's colouring

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Oh guess what the joke is on me because after trying so hard to put that picture up and after 7 or 8 tries I realized it was on the front of my own forum.
Too funny! I forgot completely.
Oh well good thing I can laugh at myself. :-D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Oh wow she is a lovely Fawn Bareback too! I have a Betsey that looks a lot like her. She has a permanent curly wheel tail.
She loves to run so much and she is getting up there in age now but still looks adorable.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

ozzy doesnt run cuz her wheel is only 8 1/2" so i took it out until they get a 12" for a christmas present

im going to bed, goodnight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Here is Betsey and see what I mean?

I am getting better at this now. lol I will find out in a minute tho.
Sorry it is a little big though and I will try and watch that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts