Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 female rats ollie and raisin(sisters) who are about 4 mo. And squirrel who is about 3 mo. Raisin and ollie are out going and energetic. ollie bing the most rambunctious of the 2 is defanetly my shoulder rat she never wants to be in the cage and she gets theese sperts and just zooms everywhere! Rasin is a little less crazy but verry curious and loves to be scratched and then there's squirrel. ... from day one she has been almost frozen like. she reacts to food but nothing else. she seems uninterested in exploring anywhere she doest like to be picked up when I do pick her up witch is often ( hoping she would get used to it) she gets a deth grip on the bars and she pees A LOT. But she's not feerfull otherwise, she doesn't really care wether I'm there or not she doesn't mind the pets but doesn't seem to enjoy them either. Am I scaring her? she has free time and just sits there doesn't run any where doesn't explore doesn't really want to do anything she moves from one hammock to another and to circle shelf I made its almost like the ground is lava and she doent want to walk there so because she spends so much time in the hammock it gets really dirty with pee and poo and she hoards her lab block and any other food she isn't ready to eat quite yet. She is much larger than the other two. When I got her she was on the chunky side for a baby had a little pot belly verry cute and now with the lack of activity she is just getting fat. She is the same way with her cage mates they lay in the hammock together and they grom her nicely and she just seems un interested in them unles of corse there eating. She has bitten me twice because I had handled food prior. She's so cute and soft and I want to snugle her! I understand they have there own peronalitys i just want to make sure shes happy Any advise would help! Thank u thank u!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I wouldn't say it was being lazy, just fearful. I would read the thread on immersion training and start working with her alot. Some rats just are more easy going and relaxed and others are very fearful and it takes alot more effort & patience to open them up.

As for her weight, I would back off giving her as much treats. Also a wheel, if u do not have one may be very helpful. Some rats take a while to realize what the wheel is for, so I would leave it in their cage for a while even if they don't take to it right away. She may feel more comfortable in the cage and running on the wheel will keep her thinner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts