Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I moved Panda and Scout to their new cage (much bigger, wire with fleece, three layers, etc.) Panda has been acting a lot more "lazy."

He likes to splay out on the fleece on the top floor during the day and sleeps a lot, but during the evening (or playtime) he perks up and is back to his old self. Is he just maturing? He was 4-5 months when I got him, so he's about 6 months now - he used to always seem to be awake and playing with Scout...It's just been such a big change that I thought it might be something to worry about. No sneezing/coughing/porphyrin/weight loss/etc. and he is very perky when I take him out to play or once the sun goes down.

Scout, his little brother (3-4 months) is still very active but he too has slowed down since the move to the "big house."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rats are generally nocturnal. When they are babies, they are more likely to be awake during the daytime and just nap, but as they get older, they are much more "lazy" during the daytime. I know mine are! They are sleeping in their boxes right now. hehe

I wouldn't worry, since your rat isn't showing any other symptoms. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
boys are so much different than girls! i had a female a few yeas ago, and Panda and Scout are my first boys...they're so much more mellow :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
if you're really all that worried, maybe hes bored, try adding some new toys into his cage, that could help, also more time to free roam and more things to explore added to his free roaming area are appreciated by them to the fullest extent :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts