Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lazy rats:

I have 3 boys, their all completley lazy, they have a huge free range area a cage with lots of things to do, the free range area certainly isnt boring, and all 3 would rather sleep than do anything, they just sleep, i drag them out and they'll have a quick run about, playfight, then go back to sleep. I've tried pea fishing and other activities too, they only pay interest for a few seconds, then either go and eat or sleep.

what can i do?
they literaly only ever sleep. my two hooded rats are the most 'active' out of the 3 - and even they only spend literaly a few seconds exploring etc. My husky/roan only sleeps and eats.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Join the club! My husky boy is fat and lazy. So very lazy. My hooded loves to run about and do things, annoy the fat boy etc. I usually just get him out to run around with me, that gets him motivated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
For almost the past week my girls have become quiet lazy :?
I don't know if it's because the weather is rubbish and they can sense it or they're getting older - Dotty and Doris are about 10 months and Roxy is 7 months.

They used to be quiet active about 10PM, but now it's as quiet as can be. Altho saying that I'm not sure how active they are in the night/early morning as I'm so use to their noise now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used to have fat lazy males but no more. My rats are on a strict diet and don't get any sugars, salt, low fat and low protein. Now they are lean and healthy and so very active. I can't keep up with them climbing all over the place and running an popcorning. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts