Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week, I'm taking a job in California for about three weeks. I will be obviously be away from my babies. This comes at a super bad time because of OH now lives in Denver. I do have help at home, though, my sister lives with me but she is not a fan of the rats at all. She is willing to clean them and feed them and even give them a skritch or two but they will not be getting the same level of interaction that I give them. Am I going to come home to nervous nelly rats or will they be okay while I am gone? I'm okay with either, I do need to work and if it means I have spend more time with my rats when I get back, I am not going to complain about hanging out with my babies.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
They should be ok. I think when you first get back they may be alittle bit cranky. Honestly they remind me of cats that do not like their routine changed lol And they will have alot of pent up energy. But they will settle back in soon enough after you are back.

I'd get them a few extra toys to mess with, maybe if you can find some treat puzzles- they have for birds. Or something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Pet-Min...8&qid=1445018377&sr=8-1&keywords=knot+nibbler

They have them in most pet stores. Buy like 3-4 and have your sister give them a new one as they get torn up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that is perfect. Thank you moonkissed! I will be sure to get some extra toys for them. My sister actually loves buying them stuff LOL. She just hasn't really ever liked rats and has skin reactions to their urine so it's hard for her to want to handle them. But she is animal lover at heart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts