Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news is that Pancake and Shadow have finally come into their own and now love us desperately and have daily playtime that I must admit - am really enjoying. We're leaving for vaca for a week pretty soon and I'm worried about them. Will they be ok having someone only coming by every couple days to check their food and water? Will they be traumatized?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
They'll probably be a little bit distant from you for a bit... make sure their water bottles aren't clogged before you leave. Bigtime nasty can ensue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't think they'll be "traumatized" or anything like that. I had to do the same thing a few months ago, and arranged for someone to come over every couple days and make sure they had food and water... I also stashed some food blocks around their home as a backup in case their feeder couldn't make it one night.

When I got back, they ran out of their house, and ran around a bunch. When I went to pick them up, they were a bit more hesitant than usual, but soon got back to normal.

Maybe an idea would be to wear a shirt for a day, and cut it up for your feeder to drop in with them to nest with/snuggle and all that while you're gone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts