Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this kijiji.com post out:
http://denver.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Other-pets-for-sale-Cute-Pet-Fancy-Rats-W0QQAdIdZ36330877

she says she is a 5 year old colorado rat breeder, and claims to be one of the oldest in colorado. well i know that is a little bit of an untruth. and what are euro rex rats? double-rex or harley coat? weird. and she guarantees her rats to live 5+ years? wow, how come more people haven't imported her lines and such? oh and, "you can see the perfection iin them." riiight...

any who, i'd love to get on good terms with a respectable breeder and get maybe an adorable new dumbo girl. but, does she sound legit? i like the look of her site, maybe it was just her ad that threw me off...

EDIT: her rainbow bridge section include a rat whose mother died of mammary tumors and she bred the male offspring anyway, who later died of a URI, a rat that died of heat exhaustion, a deaf baby that was pts after a stroke (this rat was not bred, it states, but i don't know about her siblings), and a rat that was killed by her companions. she also sells breeding pairs and accepts any rat into her breeding stock as long as it has 3 generations of pedigrees and is what she is looking for. i would love to get an adorable harley baby from her but i'm just not sure...

·
Registered
109 Posts
To me, simply the fact that she makes claims that can't be true turns me off. I would be reluctant to trust anyone who claims to breed rats that live for so long, when no one else has heard of this.

But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow. Something seems very fishy. Even if she didn't claim that her rats can live 5+ years I'd be worried about her breeding practices. I would never breed rats (not that I do it's simply hypothetical) that had mammary tumors, or rats that were so aggressive that they KILLED a cage mate. I mean if you've been breeding for 5 years then you should be able to see the signs of rats not getting along and you should know how to intro properly (ie not just throwing a new rat in and walking away letting her get killed)! *cries a little*

·
Registered
321 Posts
Some people are just plain stupid. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's really true.

I would DEFINITELY avoid that "rattery" it seems REALLY REALLY fishy if you ask me ¬ ¬

1 - 6 of 6 Posts