Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Approximately 7 months old. Flash is grey and white, Mika brown and white.

Mika is a total trouble maker, the first to cause mayhem. The first to go missing and be found where she shouldn't be. Yes. She went up inside the Christmas tree, and sat like that until I helped her down.

They're still not at the point where I can pick them up, but happily climb onto me for play time/free roam. I'm just a huge adventure park for them 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was sold the pair as bucks, which I wanted. But I realised they'd sold me females. They where originally Kevin and Michael, then became Flash and Mika 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I was a fool and bought from a shop. I had the cage set up a few days, then rang neforehand to make sure they had males.
I went there, and she showed two cages, bothe with males. I went for what she said where the slightly younger ones.
Kevin came straight out to me, I enquired about their lack of testicles, and her reply was that they can retract them inside when they're young if they're nervous. So again she confirmed males, and I went on my merry way.
Waited a week for testicles to appear, and spotted nipples, which males don't have.

I'd spent a week bonding, so when the shop told me to return them, for males, I couldn't return them as they had already stolen my heart.

Registered
I know it's crazy what the big pet stores are like, I've heard a couple horror stories from America's own Petco. These are pet stores that should be the best because those are the ones that everyone knows, but...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I have made a mistake with their age! I was counting roughly from when I got them.
They are 11 months old roughly 馃ぃ

Registered
Well I was sold the pair as bucks, which I wanted. But I realised they'd sold me females. They where originally Kevin and Michael, then became Flash and Mika 馃ぃ
i had the same thing. im afraid I bought from a shop but at that time I didnt know much about shop rats and such... anyway, Snickers and Twix were apparently boys until my vet said they were girls. i sometimes catch myself calling one a boy by accident!!

Registered
I know it's crazy what the big pet stores are like, I've heard a couple horror stories from America's own Petco. These are pet stores that should be the best because those are the ones that everyone knows, but...
yeah, and especially PetsAtHome with their interactive play areas. it must scare the animals to death when a child pops their head up and starts tapping the glass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts