Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went to pick up my ratties from boarding, and the lady at the place said that when she had taken Onyx out to clip her nails there was red stuff on her feet. I think that might've been dye from a toy though. She also said Onyx was kind of "bleh" when she got picked up.

Well, Onyx's been sleeping all day, and the one time I picked her up she went so limp you'd think she was a bean bag toy. She didn't show any distress, and she isn't wheezing. She has some poryphrin around her nose and eyes.

I know that's not a lot of info, but what do you think could be wrong? I tried feeling for masses, and I didn't find any, but I didn't look hard.......
We're taking my girls to the vet tomorrow, but I wanted to hear from you guys anyway..... in case I need to be mentally prepared for this vet trip.........

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think it's good that you're taking her to the vet tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of would be heat? I was rat sitting for a friend and one of her rats became very lathargic and would barely move. Once I turned on the A/C and put a frozen water bottle in their cage her perked up after a day or so.

Is it very hot where you live and/or where the rats were boarding?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's good that you're taking her to the vet tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of would be heat? I was rat sitting for a friend and one of her rats became very lathargic and would barely move. Once I turned on the A/C and put a frozen water bottle in their cage her perked up after a day or so.

Is it very hot where you live and/or where the rats were boarding?

Thank you for the reply :)

Well, the vet says it's a respiratory infection. She's going to give us medicine and Onyx should be just fine ^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts