Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male rat Tritter has been not moving or eating for the past 2 1/2 days although he is drinking water. I'm not sure his exact age but I got him as a baby in January and I'm pretty sure he isn't even full grown. When he does walk around he is very slow and his back is arched upwards like maybe his belly hurts. The only bowel movement that I've seen him have was slightly mushy and colored lighter than usual, he did look like he felt better for a little while though. He's passive enough I can easily pick him up and examine him without him even protesting which is not like him at all.He and his cage mate are my first rats so I have no experience here, but I believe I know what caused it or at least I think I do. Sometime over the weekend my rats got a hold of a bag of flavored Tootsie rolls that must have fallen in my floor. Every one of them was unwrapped and had teeth marks on them. The older cage mate is perfectly fine but I think tritter may have eaten some Tootsie roll and he can't digest it or he's severely constipated. At least that's my guess right now. The thing is I have no access to a vet right now, if he had gotten sick in a few weeks when this snow had started melt I might be able to get him there but the only vet I know of that will treat rats is not only closed but two hours away. I really need to know if there's anything I can do to help him right now because I am hopelessly lost.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Message the member, "finnebon"; she has a few recipes for moving bowel movements and other tricks. Sorry I can't be of more help!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Sorry to hear it :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts