Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my very many rats is sick with something I'm having trouble figuring out, and I'm wondering if anyone here has an idea.

He's scruffy and seems to have lost weight in a hurry recently. He's lethargic, though he doesn't just lie down -- it's like he just got very old suddenly, though he's only 3 months. He seems to have lessened control over his body, in particular his back legs, and they're also swollen and a bit violet or purple. It's been a couple days, and there isn't any change.

The only significant thing I can think of is that I gave him a tatoo mark on his ear just before this started (blood poisoning?), but I do that to all my rats, and no other rats have had anything like this before.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Get him to a vet ASAP. With a rat that young it could be almost anything, and know of us have the ability or knowledge to diagnose what could possibly be wrong with him.

He really should have been taken to the vet at the onset of the symptoms.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Vet!!

With the cyanosis and the weak hind end it almost sounds like CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) which can be treatable but is very fatal and quickly if not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts