Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female rat licks my hands and feet whenever I take her out to play, is this normal? She will do this many times throughout her play time.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Licks = kisses!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is a *good* thing! Your rat is treating you like she would treat another rat, by grooming you! You've gained her trust and now she's accepted you as a companion. ;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
congradulations! your rat loves you!

i love getting ratty kisses myself, though i wonder exactly how good my feet taste after being in a shoe running around all day... but whatever! i get kisses! *grins*

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well she must really like me, but the male rarely licks me...rather knaws on my fingernails (he is also much harder to round up when its time to go back in the cage).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
O yeah totally norm. My Beavis used to give me kisses all the time. My two boys now couldnt care less, but I get a couple everyonce in a while :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Bastian licks CONSTANTLY! You put your hand up to his face and it's guaranteed to get licked. If he finds your hand elsewhere and waddles over to it, licked. He's a lover <3

Bert didn't lick me until after a few days and Odin rarely licks as well. I just fine it amuseing Bastian has a licking obsession! He's been like that since day one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts