Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my sister entrusted me to care for her 2 dumbos and 1 feeder. About a week ago Ernie passed unexpectedly. His passing seemed very violent. come to find out he had kidney failure and a seizure that did him in. We have just about accepted the loss of poor Ernie...........When suddenly.....

TODAY we mourn a second loss. The feeder rat Peaches. Also an unexpected death. It was just this morning he gobbled down an entire bowl of baby cereal, 2 peanuts in the shell, and half a bowl of the rat/ hamster/ gerbil food I JUST BOUGHT! He was a FAT rat, a happy rat. There were no real alarms that went off that Peaches would be next. Other than a labored breathing issue he's had for over a year from an upper respiratory infection he had when he arrived. Thankfully his death didn't appear to be as violent as Ernie's. Peaches was my 5 year old son's FAVORITE though. He is as to be expected- a fricken train wreck.

RIP Peaches and Ernie

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Peaches and Ernie. Hopefully your son will be able to get over the loss, given enough time. It is difficult at all agents, but it is especially difficult for younger owners who know them as their own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts