Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I really would like to get a friend for Lilly. But I don't want to buy one of the probably diseased rats from Petco. I mean I got Lilly from their but she was a rehabilitated adoptee from someones home. Does anyone know of a breeder or a decent place to get rats from in Southern California? Preferably in the Ventura county area? I have looked all over and can't find anywhere.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kimmiekins said:
There are quite a few rat/small animal rescues in CA. There's tons of ratties that need homes in CA. :) *points to Darksong's link*
hahah I am sure there are a lot in CA but are they in Southern CA. And are they near me lol I will take a look at the link. :wink:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Those links were super helpful. I found three places that aren't too terribly far from where I live. I am probably going to check them out. WOO! Exciting!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kimmiekins said:
Yay! Don't forget - Most rescues have a network of people to transport. I know they're REALLY good about it in CA. Good luck in your search!
what do you mean network to transport?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kimmiekins said:
Volunteers that will assist in getting rats from the rescue to new homes.
ohhh ok I get it now. Well there is one breeder I might try and I wouldn't mind driving out myself. I couldn't really find any rescues in my area.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You could also just try petfinder. Specify small and furry, and rat, and see who's closest! Sometimes regular shelters will get rats in, and they often stay there for quite some time, the poor dears...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Meliss said:
My sister is out in Davis, CA I don't remeber where she got them but I can ask her, if you want me to?
Hahah thanks I appreciate the thought but Davis is about

389 mi – about 5 hours 58 mins

from where I live lol

Just a bit to far for me. And I would feel bad having a rat in a carrier for that long.

hmm and I tried petfinder but the results come up no where near me :(...ait! Im looking there is a place an hour from me. hmmm better give the site a second look over

1 - 12 of 12 Posts