Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got absolutely sick of my girls peeing on their shelves. As one of my cages is a Jenny and the shelves have grooves - it's horrible to clean!

SO! I did the only thing I could do - made liners!

All I need to do now is find a way to attach them to the bars of the cage and voila! No more stinky shelves!

Kitty and Niki testing it

And for my Savic Freddy 2s

Don't you LOVE that spotty towel?! Bought it for them today - fun fun fun!

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you figure out how you attack those liners, please tell me :D
I have liners on the shelves but they always fall off :'(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok was puzzling with the cages today, and made new shelve liners which came up to be too small, ah details details, anyway!

I got the liners for the shelves stay nicely with the funky clips which others in here use aswell those different colour ones, dont know the name for em.
Also used metal paper clips! theyre wonderful for hammocks and liners really! :O

·
Registered
899 Posts
ARGH ! i wish i could put liner in my savic freddy 2. But my girls REFUSE to litter train ! do you think if i just put liners in..and put a litter box in..they would use it ?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to put liners in because they can't be litter trained - for ease of cleaning etc I put the liners and started using towels as bedding. It means I can clean more regularily and quickly

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you can find some sew'n'stick velcro dots, what you do is just sew the sewing part to the towel edges and stick the other velcro dot to the surface of your cage, it should pretty much stay in place. If you make a few sets of towels with the dots, it's pretty easy to change it regularly. Just rip them off and replace them immediately! I've made the mistake of not sewing them onto the towels and Mitch has already figured out how to rip them off and fling them at me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts