Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting my guys a litter box, but I don't know what to get. I want to get a corner one, my guys do most of their pooping in one particular corner anyway, and I thought having a litter box might make cleaning a little easier.

What sort of litter would be the least likely to stick to fleece if it got kicked out? Don't suggest newspaper or something in a sheet because they'll take that out and shred it. :p
Or would one with a grate be better? Do you put anything under the grate?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have grated corner litter boxes and pyrex baking dishes throughout my cage; they all have yesterday's news in them and it works well. The YN didn't stick to the fleece too badly when I used it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I second the grated corner litter boxes. My rats like to dig in the litter if I don't put a grate over it. I use Petco's off brand of Yesterday's News. It's the same thing, just a few dollars cheaper. =P

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would one like this one be good? Link
I went to petco and they didn't have anything. Maybe I'll check my locally owned pet store, or just get one online.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Would one like this one be good? Link
I went to petco and they didn't have anything. Maybe I'll check my locally owned pet store, or just get one online.
The litterbox you linked off amazon is AMAZING!! I have a critter nation with 3 of those in it. That's how much I love those litter boxes haha. I highly recommend them. It's mess free and super easy for cleaning etc.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's the litter box I have. I have 3 plus the 2 baking dishes (for places the boxes are too big). Drs. Foster and Smith has the same litter boxes for a couple dollars cheaper though. Just a heads up. Look around online, you may be able to find better deals.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, thanks! I'll look around and see who has the best deal and get a couple. :)
Would they pee in it or just poop? There's only one corner they poop in, and a shelf they love to pee all over. I put rocks in the corner they poop in, maybe that's why they poop there? I dunno. :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I will look for that one with the grate, too. We started litter training, and then they started emptying the litter... everywhere. They empty it nightly all over everything. Ugh. Grate looks great!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I use carefresh litter and a corner ferret box for each level of the cage.
My boys use it well. :3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts