Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the BIGGEST struggle trying to find a good sized litter box.. They are either way to big or way to small. Does anyone know a good place to order a medium sized one? Or even how to make one that would work?

·
Registered
995 Posts
What kind of cage do you have? I use a kitten sized box from walmart. But when I had a petco rat manor I gave up and stuck with litter in the pan. Ive seen people use the corner boxes sold for rabbits, is that too big?

·
Registered
149 Posts
When the girls were smaller I used to use a pencil box type plastic container from the dollar store. That worked great until Louise got fat :p now with three girls, I have a corner pan litter box made for ferrets/rabbits/chinchillas. It works great. I think it's the perfect size!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I use the rabbit corner litter box that comes with a grate. My rats love using it and I don't have to worry about them doing icky things like rolling in the litter lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
I actually just bought this one a few weeks ago- Ware Plastic Scatterless Lock-N-Litter Small Pet Pan- Colors May Vary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SLICDA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_oyBuub00HDTH5

And I'm having really good success with it! My other two litter boxes are also corner boxes but they don't have the grate and my girls kick the litter out everywhere. I've heard mixed reviews on this one on whether or not people's rats would use it with the grate on, but so far, mine are! But the best thing I like about this litter box is the way it attaches to the cage! It has these two little notches that protrude through the cage bars and it comes with these button looking things that simply slide into the notches locking into place so it can't go anywhere. I had already decided that I liked the pan so much, if my girls wouldn't use it with the grate, I could simply remove the grate and use it as a regular corner litter box. It's a little bit smaller than my other ones, but it's a perfect size for rats and rat cages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts