Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Wow! I haven't heard of that one, before. I don't know about it being unusual or not, though... I'm sure there'll be someone along shortly who will.

How many are in the litter?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Eh, I'm not sure its too common seeing rats can have several babies at a time but I'm sure it happens, at least there is nothing wrong with it.

Also its known for some males testicles to not descend right away? Am I right here?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well you could easily enough calculate the odds of that happening if you could tell me how many are in the litter. It should just be 0.5^x, where x is the number in the litter.

The point is I'm sure it could happen but the odds are low. I'm willing to bet you have a mixed litter and it's just too early to tell.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
How old are the babies and yes I have heard it happen that there were 8 boys in one litter. Not common but does happen.

Just for sexing purposes...here are 5 day old babies to show the difference (you may already know this)

girl (very little space between anus and genitals)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

boy (much bigger space between, where the testicles will form), often had a bigger "bump" too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the litter size is 8 and they are about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks old. Their eyes are open and they are the most rambunctious things ever. From what i can tell they all look like males, but im still not to sure. Does anyone have any pics showing the difference between the genders at this age?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts