Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,I have a couple litter training questions. We started with 2 young females, they definitely would drop little drops of urine throughout the cage but were really good about pooping in the litter box. Then we added 2 5 week old females and they are not grasping the litter box at all. I added rocks to the litter box and can tell the two older girls are using them. The main problem is in their sleeping quarters. On the third level of their cage I had a hidey box for them to sleep in, they used it a lot but I started noticing that the babies would not leave it to use the litter box. So I separated the top level so half was covered in hidey box the other half litter box. Still the babies would not leave the box to use the litterbox. At the same time I started using aspen as litter (fleece as bedding). Now they are scattering the aspen throughout the cage, they didn't do this with the care fresh.. So today, I removed the hidey box altogether (which I feel bad about,cause they really did like it) and covered the whole third level in litter boxes. Is this a good step?Also, I'm wondering...I ordered a double critter nation..should be arriving this week. Does it make since yo keep them in just one level until they are using the litter boxes and then open up the whole cage?Thanks!I appreciate all the info I have found here!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts