Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Soft Sorbent for the cage and using Yesterday's News for the litter box. I've been picking up poops from the floor and into the litter box and tossing some of them out too to keep them out of the SS. The YN is getting pulled out and mixed, should I take that out of the cage and toss it and keep the SS from getting in the litter box so they stay distinctly different? Or is a little mixing okay?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd say ditch the soft-sorbent (it gets everywhere) and switch to fabric :) IMO having two similar but slightly different bedding beddings doesn't really communicate POO HERE to the ratties

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what kind of fabric do you use? and do you just wash it once a week or two?
when it's cage cleaning time? Maybe use fabric then soft sorbent as a littr box?

·
Registered
549 Posts
With fabric you have to clean it every couple days, more or less depending on how many rats and how litter trained they are. I use YN in the litter boxes, it doesn't get moved around and keeps the cage much cleaner.

·
Registered
174 Posts
YN is Yesterday's News. It's a paper pellet litter, and can be found in both the small animal section and cat litter section of most pet stores. I'd say buy it from the cat litter section as you get a MUCH better deal and there's not much difference between the two types.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A tip if you can't find Yesterday's News- Look for Good Mews. It's the same thing, just a different name. I realized this when I went home, saw my cats were using the paper pellets, and the bag said Good Mews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts