Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you litter train? And should you start right when you get your rats?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I could have sworn that I just saw a good thread about this very question, but I cannot find it anywhere. I will keep looking though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I tried and tried to litter train Addo (still in progress... and failing) from 6 weeks, but he is 6 months now and still a messy pup.

Edgar however always kind of did it! I helped by getting a BIG litter tray for the corner, and putting all his droppings in there after he did them. After a while he started going in there to do his business!

Also just while we're on this thread, Ed seems to pee in his litter tray too. I thought someone told me rats had no bladder control, but seriously he pees in it ALL the time, there is never any mess anywhere else!

·
Registered
51 Posts
im trying to litter train my two rattys and what i do is take all waste and wet litter and put it into the litter box(my crazzy rats pee beside the litter box. :lol: all i gotta do now is either get a bigger one or try to convince them to go in the litter box :wink: ). if your going to to litter train them you probably should start right away that way they will be trained sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes I asked the same question in "rat homes." :) (Not sure why I put it in that particular topic...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts